It is 3 am in the middle of night and my seven month old baby just got up and cried away. So I fed him and cradled him back to sleep. Within minutes he fell fast asleep. Unfortunately, I am not a baby (how I wish I was) so I can’t fall asleep. What do I do?
So I open my mobile, check notifications and then start Indiblogging away. Yes, I am addicted to Indiblogger. People are addicted to Candy Crush and Temple Run but I am addicted to Indiblogger.
I am reading blogs, adding bloggers to my network, promoting their post, checking on comments and pondering over my Indi Rank.
Whenever I see the badge of Top Post on Indiblogger besides a blog I get jealous. I get thinking. When? When will I write a killer blog that people will go mad about it? When will I get that stroke of creativity and churn out my masterpiece.
How do you guys do it? I mean hats off to all those bloggers who get Top Post on Indiblogger badge. Respect boss.
While I ponder over this and wreck my brain over a unique, out of the box idea or concept to write on, I decide to read more blogs. May be somewhere amidst these super creative blogs lies the answer, lies the hidden mantra of success.
And then I tell myself, “Gitanjali, it takes time, lot of patience and trust on oneself to achieve one’s dream”.
I repeat my assertion – One day, one day I will have the badge of Top Post on Indiblogger. One day my blog will be promoted by 500+ bloggers. That day, that day I will stretch my arms, fall back on my writing chair, look out of my window and smile. Pleased and happy!
Till then I should diligently keep pursuing my dream.
I am addicted to Indiblogger for I desperately want that day to come. I know it is in me. It is just a matter of time. I will continue to dream on.
Matter of Fact
Meanwhile, I will take some practical steps towards achieving my dream of getting the badge:
- Increase my network. Add as many people as I can with special focus on my genre of writing.
- Create goodwill by promoting others post so I also get noticed.
- Other easy way is to look for a genre that has the least competition but then that will mean compromising (I am confused but I guess I am ready for some experiment).
- Read, comment, participate in discussions, participate in blogging competitions and win a few. Mantra is to get noticed.
- And, above all most importantly, write good stuff.
Are you also addicted to Indiblogger? Do you share my dream?
Powered by Facebook Comments